Monday, August 24, 2009

Movie Weekend.

Go movies! I love movies. So what better way to spend a otherwise dull weekend than to go see several movies.



On Saturday night I went with cool boss to see The Time Traveler's Wife. I liked it. This movie is about a man who skips around in time and the woman he loves. It makes me want to read the book now to see if I get the same feelings that I hade with the movie. (Side note: I really love books.) How can I explain it? The movie is not fast paced, but it's not slow either in terms of plot development. The one thing that felt odd was from the relationship between the characters and how it felt like you were jumping into the middle of the relationship instead of seeing it develop. Other than that, well besides how worldly a six year old girl is, I thought the movie was very nice for a chic flick. Oh and seeing Eric Bana in the buff isn't too bad either. =)



Right after the movie, guess what we did? Saw another one. This time we went to see Julie and Julia. If you don't know, this movie is about the famous chef Julia Child and how she learn to perfect the art of cooking French cusine and publish a book for Americans about said art. And it's also tales the tale of a woman named Julie who wrote of cooking her way through Child's book over the course of a year. She started it as a blog then published a book. I really liked this movie. It was extremely cute and filled with witty charm. Both Amy Adams and Meryl Streep did an amazing job. I have heard of some people not caring too much for the back and forth of when the movie switches from Julie to Julia. I didn't mind this. I thought it flowed nicely. The scenes in some way or another related so you could make an easy comparison.

I find it amazing when someone can come up with an idea like that and come out on top. It makes me jealous. I want to be that creative. Do you ever worry that you're not good enough to do what you love?

Continuing on......

On Sunday, the hubby and myself decided to go see District 9. A new sci fi movie in which aliens get stuck on Earth and trouble ensues. Kudos to the director of this movie. It had the gritty feel that some news stories have without seeming cheesy. The lead actor played the part well. This is not a hero movie. You know, where the lead character goes out and defeats the bad aliens. District 9 is not black and white like that. I would reccomend this movie if you are into sci fi or action. Violence (awesome, but a lot) and swearing gave it an R rating.

So it was a good movie weekend. Yay!

No comments: