Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cirque du Soleil

So tonight me and the hubby went to see Cirque du Solei: Saltimbanco at the E Center. First, let me say it was an awesome show. Very bright and colorful and humorous. Personally I liked the one we saw in Vegas better. That one was called Mystre. It seemd that the latter had more acerobatics than Saltimbanco. This show was still had me in a wonderous awe though. It's just incredible what these people can do! They speak in French, but I think it adds to the ambiance. Unless, of course, you understand French then you can understand what they say.

I love the costumes, they have so much piazz and mystery. We were in the front row on the floor, which can be a dangerous place. Dangerous meaning you may be chosen to participate in an activity. So what might happen is they could shake your hand or goof with you a little bit or they might bring you on stage (this is usually just one person). Well if you know me, you know that the idea of being the center of attention freaks me the hell out. Luckily enough, I was not chosen. So if you don't want that, then sit higher up. Actually that reason aside, I think I would sit higher up next time because you don't have to crane your neck as much.

If you haven't seen a Cirque du Soleil show, I highly recommend it.

Only downside to the evening was when we pulled into the E Center parking lot. These jerk-offs want $10 for parking! I couldn't believe it. How ridculous. Didn't the taxpayer pay for this arena? And now they are basically trying to force people to go through Ticketmaster to buy tickets. Ticketmaster charged me a Building Facility Charge of $3 per ticket, a Convenience Charge of $12.90 per ticket and a Order Processing Charge of $5.10. So that is a grand total of $36.90 in charges. And why is Ticketmaster charging a Building Facility Charge? Haven't we already paid for the building? And should the people performing the show pay for using the building?

My suggestion, don't use Ticketmaster if you can help it. That's what I'm going to do from now on. These venues charge you to death and then they wonder why nobody buys anything.

But go see a Cirque du Soleil show. =)

No comments: